The Smile Foundation helps children in need of surgery for treatable facial anomalies such as cleft lip, cleft palate, nose and ear conditions, facial paralysis, burns and other facial conditions.
Over the last 4 years, 68 children have raised R137 000 for The Smile Foundation by participating in Ironkids. Our goal is to raise R175 000 in 5 years (which means we only need to raise another R38 000 to reach our 5 year target)
If your child is participating in Ironkids, why not join the Smile Foundation Ironkids Team (at no additional cost) and receive the following:
- Smile Foundation goody bag
- An opportunity to visit Smile patients in hospital during the Smile Week
- A great prize for the child raising the most funds (previous prizes include a weekend away for a family of 4, a helicopter flip for a family of 4)
- An opportunity to create a lifetime of smiles
There is no cost to join the Smile team however you need secure and pay for your child’s Ironkids race entry over and above joining the Smile Team. Secure a race entry for your child here www.ironkids.co.za (caution: entries sell out fast).
Unfortunately we don’t have any additional charity entries available.
Once you have secured an entry into Ironkids, join the Smile team here:
It’s so simple. How do I join the team? (Terms & Conditions)
- Register to join the team here.
- Email a photo of your child(ren) to email@example.com for your Back-A-Buddy online profile – see https://www.backabuddy.co.za/champion/groups/smile-foundation-ironkids-team-2019
- A personal profile will be set up on Back-A-Buddy for you. All you need to do is share your fundraising link with friends, family and supporters.
- All donations are done online and paid directly to Smile Foundation so there’s no collecting of cash.
- If you have more than 1 child participating, a joint profile will be set. Please register each participating child by clicking the link above.
- is no minimum amount to raise. You can donate as little as R10
- Corporate donations are welcome. A Section 18A tax deductible certificate is available on request.
- The fundraising deadline is 22 April 2019 after which the winner will be announced.
Go ahead and share this email with your friends. The more children in the Smile Team, the more smiles we can create.
Keep up to date, like our Facebook page